Our Pentagon🗣
As time passes on, life will show you it's own arrangements. There are a plethora of reasons why we are here and some of us will have to figure it out as we go, some early, some later as life is a highway with twists and turns and you sure know as I do that nobody gets out alive. We've got to do what we have to do here and now but the most important factor will be how well we enjoy our journey. 🎥Cut! Cut! Cut! That's not the crux of the matter. Read till the end...
.....................................................................
The United States of America🇱🇷 prides itself as the strongest country in the world and this is due to the amount of money she pumps into her defense sector. Any nation who will conquer U.S.A will be the nation that will successfully highjack "The Pentagon". For those that don't like mathematics, don't be scared I am not talking about polygons here. The Pentagon is a metonym used to refer to the headquarters of U.S.A's department of defense located in Arlington county, Virginia which houses about 26,000 military and non-military personnels; consequently, the building is shaped like a Pentagon (5 sided polygon). The United States of America guards the Pentagon just like, if not more than the White house. Google is your friend!
🚶As individuals, "Our Mind" is our "Pentagon" which if conquered by anything we are doomed if not regained with whatever tactics we can deploy. One bod that can crumble our mind if we loose guards is Fear😖. For all our actions and inactions we should never allow fear lurk, not to talk of dwell around the faculties of our mind. Fear of any nature (even the minutest) is a disease and it will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it. Even when you have the ability but engages fear, the ability becomes disability. There is a saying that with confidence you have won the first battle, semantically, with fear you have lost it. Let me paint a simple real life illustration.
👨As an undergraduate, I did not prepare Eba, till I graduated (that's a highly classified information⚔). Do you know why? I don't prepare Eba at home, my mum and brother covers that lacuna and the times I tried, the Eba would always have koko🌑 (my N.Y.S.C roomie calls it seed), as big as Mango seed sometimes. I tell you, the fear of Koko alone didn't make me prepare Eba in school. Imagine, Koko conquered me. Fast track one month into N.Y.S.C, I opened up to my roomie, he told me to prepare it, I did. We ate like that, he taught me again, it got better and the fear of Koko in Eba left me because my mind was rewired.
🎓 Many a student fail in school not because of lack of academic prowess but because their minds have been captured by this weak link called fear. Their seniors say MAT301 is difficult and till they take the last topic on the course outline, they focus on the words of their seniors. Many of us fail to embark on some transformational journeys🚗✈ because of the fear of accidents forgetting that when it's your time to leave planet earth, you don't even need to leave the confines of your room. Dana airline✈ crashed into a two storey building in Lagos state, in the year 2012 killing people who didn't even leave their house (may their souls rest in peace).
🛡Many of us have developed fear for one thing or the other which limits rather than uplifts us; fear of making new acquaintances because of past experiences, fear of failure, fear of being ridiculed, fear of rejection, fear of waiting for too long (especially when it comes to relationships), fear of the future e.t.c. They all have one thing in common which is to come between us and our goals. The moment you guard your mind fiercely, and act against this menace called fear promptly, you'll realise it's only an abstraction. Even the Bible acknowledged this in Proverbs 4:23, "Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life".
🕯💡Lastly, I implore us all to turn our fears into faith. Sometimes we need not think of the results but act first, more like taking the first step of faith even without seeing the remaining layers of the staircase, as long as our actions aren't negative or having negative consequences on other people. Jim Rohn said, Beware of the thieves on the street that's after your purse, but also beware of the thief of your mind that's after your promise. Our mind as I said is our Pentagon and we should employ every artillery possible to guard it from this terrorist called Fear.
P.S: I can now prepare Eba for Africa without even one Koko. #EbaPride😁
P.S: Strengthening our Pentagon should start by telling God/Allah about our fears, proclaiming positivity to our life and backing it up with action.
P.S: I wrote this to encourage myself and myriads of other people going through this. You are not alone, with faith we'll triumph. #GutsOverFear
✍
Ogunlana A. Owolabi
.....................................................................
The United States of America🇱🇷 prides itself as the strongest country in the world and this is due to the amount of money she pumps into her defense sector. Any nation who will conquer U.S.A will be the nation that will successfully highjack "The Pentagon". For those that don't like mathematics, don't be scared I am not talking about polygons here. The Pentagon is a metonym used to refer to the headquarters of U.S.A's department of defense located in Arlington county, Virginia which houses about 26,000 military and non-military personnels; consequently, the building is shaped like a Pentagon (5 sided polygon). The United States of America guards the Pentagon just like, if not more than the White house. Google is your friend!
🚶As individuals, "Our Mind" is our "Pentagon" which if conquered by anything we are doomed if not regained with whatever tactics we can deploy. One bod that can crumble our mind if we loose guards is Fear😖. For all our actions and inactions we should never allow fear lurk, not to talk of dwell around the faculties of our mind. Fear of any nature (even the minutest) is a disease and it will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it. Even when you have the ability but engages fear, the ability becomes disability. There is a saying that with confidence you have won the first battle, semantically, with fear you have lost it. Let me paint a simple real life illustration.
👨As an undergraduate, I did not prepare Eba, till I graduated (that's a highly classified information⚔). Do you know why? I don't prepare Eba at home, my mum and brother covers that lacuna and the times I tried, the Eba would always have koko🌑 (my N.Y.S.C roomie calls it seed), as big as Mango seed sometimes. I tell you, the fear of Koko alone didn't make me prepare Eba in school. Imagine, Koko conquered me. Fast track one month into N.Y.S.C, I opened up to my roomie, he told me to prepare it, I did. We ate like that, he taught me again, it got better and the fear of Koko in Eba left me because my mind was rewired.
🎓 Many a student fail in school not because of lack of academic prowess but because their minds have been captured by this weak link called fear. Their seniors say MAT301 is difficult and till they take the last topic on the course outline, they focus on the words of their seniors. Many of us fail to embark on some transformational journeys🚗✈ because of the fear of accidents forgetting that when it's your time to leave planet earth, you don't even need to leave the confines of your room. Dana airline✈ crashed into a two storey building in Lagos state, in the year 2012 killing people who didn't even leave their house (may their souls rest in peace).
🛡Many of us have developed fear for one thing or the other which limits rather than uplifts us; fear of making new acquaintances because of past experiences, fear of failure, fear of being ridiculed, fear of rejection, fear of waiting for too long (especially when it comes to relationships), fear of the future e.t.c. They all have one thing in common which is to come between us and our goals. The moment you guard your mind fiercely, and act against this menace called fear promptly, you'll realise it's only an abstraction. Even the Bible acknowledged this in Proverbs 4:23, "Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life".
🕯💡Lastly, I implore us all to turn our fears into faith. Sometimes we need not think of the results but act first, more like taking the first step of faith even without seeing the remaining layers of the staircase, as long as our actions aren't negative or having negative consequences on other people. Jim Rohn said, Beware of the thieves on the street that's after your purse, but also beware of the thief of your mind that's after your promise. Our mind as I said is our Pentagon and we should employ every artillery possible to guard it from this terrorist called Fear.
P.S: I can now prepare Eba for Africa without even one Koko. #EbaPride😁
P.S: Strengthening our Pentagon should start by telling God/Allah about our fears, proclaiming positivity to our life and backing it up with action.
P.S: I wrote this to encourage myself and myriads of other people going through this. You are not alone, with faith we'll triumph. #GutsOverFear
✍
Ogunlana A. Owolabi

Comments
Post a Comment