Not Me
Not Me🗣
There are two sides to every matter and abstractions that exists. Life and death, success and failure, space and time, faith and chance. These and more are the forces of the world. They control every atom that revolves on this planet and the onus is on us to play whichever cards we are dealt to the best of our ability; however, we can also learn the sleight of hands (literarily though) so as to be able to control some aspects of every eventuality.
When I was an undergraduate, one of my lecturers said, "whenever negative life events occur to people, they tend to wail, saying, why me? I ask them, why not you? These are natural occurrences which are bound to occur to anybody anytime and when it happens you should accept it and not wail in denial". Then I said to myself in a hush tone, not me, I wouldn't wait till something bad happens to me, I'll pray. I refuse to accept any disaster as a natural occurrence simply because it happens to other people. Not me, I have a belief system and I back it up with work. I will face challenges but I will overcome. I will come across mountains but I will scale through. It's not my strength nor valour, it's the BEING whose Grace abounds called God.
Then he asked, "why not you?" Definitely Not Me, I replied.
P.S: Life events truly occur but it's our duty to intercede and not accept every occurrence as normal.
✍
Ogunlana A. Owolabi
For more please visit: Lhabyslane.blogspot.com
There are two sides to every matter and abstractions that exists. Life and death, success and failure, space and time, faith and chance. These and more are the forces of the world. They control every atom that revolves on this planet and the onus is on us to play whichever cards we are dealt to the best of our ability; however, we can also learn the sleight of hands (literarily though) so as to be able to control some aspects of every eventuality.
When I was an undergraduate, one of my lecturers said, "whenever negative life events occur to people, they tend to wail, saying, why me? I ask them, why not you? These are natural occurrences which are bound to occur to anybody anytime and when it happens you should accept it and not wail in denial". Then I said to myself in a hush tone, not me, I wouldn't wait till something bad happens to me, I'll pray. I refuse to accept any disaster as a natural occurrence simply because it happens to other people. Not me, I have a belief system and I back it up with work. I will face challenges but I will overcome. I will come across mountains but I will scale through. It's not my strength nor valour, it's the BEING whose Grace abounds called God.
Then he asked, "why not you?" Definitely Not Me, I replied.
P.S: Life events truly occur but it's our duty to intercede and not accept every occurrence as normal.
✍
Ogunlana A. Owolabi
For more please visit: Lhabyslane.blogspot.com

Comments
Post a Comment