I define me
Thinking about ole memories. Low self-esteem is a bast***. Those years when my class mates taunt me for being too thin, yes THIN, they said, I'll always say slim but my efforts to change their perception didn't hold water but it didn't matter because I was bustling with energy. Energy to do what? Lemme just continue...
Fast track to 2002, my woes compounded when The man gave up the ghost, then I was naked, self-esteem melted, timidity set in, their opinions mattered, grades faltered, my identity lost...
On becoming, I learnt to be comfortable in my own skin...smiles, even joked about being used as a specimen in an anatomy class and get paid for it.
The sole lesson learnt is, even when the world puts you down, get back up, dust your clothes and keep on moving.
P.S: I define me.
Fast track to 2002, my woes compounded when The man gave up the ghost, then I was naked, self-esteem melted, timidity set in, their opinions mattered, grades faltered, my identity lost...
On becoming, I learnt to be comfortable in my own skin...smiles, even joked about being used as a specimen in an anatomy class and get paid for it.
The sole lesson learnt is, even when the world puts you down, get back up, dust your clothes and keep on moving.
P.S: I define me.

Comments
Post a Comment