I rehearse my Joy

I rehearse my joy. In a closed room, sitting in the dark all by myself, I practice my laugh. Eyes closed. Stomach clenched. I let it bubble from my inside, hang on my tongue, fall out into the silence. Again and again, until I have learnt every twist, every knot, every blend and every hole. I master it all. You cannot stop my happiness. I have come prepared.
-Tochi Eze-

Sometime ago, during one of my online skimming galore I came across this quote by Socrates, "Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for".

 This brings me to the thought that writers are the unsung heroes of our creative community just like teachers, they pour out their minds in books after careful study, research overtime or personal experiences so as to make more minds enlightened and the world a better place. That's why a writers never die, they leave us with overwhelming imagination which we apply to our practical life and continue to live through their works.

After reading those words by Tochi Eze, it dawn on me that truly, most of us have fought personal demons to keep the alluring smile the world see and presume we live an easy life, while we constantly share our blessings and keep our fears and concerns held spell bound and conquered through prayers.

The smiles on the faces of widows, parents who lose a child, orphans, childless couples, refugees, people who don't have a means to get their next meal e.t.c serves to prove that these people search for a sense of purpose deep in the recess of their being to outshine their despair.
Therefore, whatever situation you might find yourself in or battles you privately engage in, endeavour to find that fighting spirit that helps you keep on keeping on and never submerge your happiness.

P.S: Endeavour to share your victories/knowledge verbally or written because you might touch millions of lives.

✍
Ogunlana A. Owolabi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pistols at dawn🗣 (A Short Story)

Twins Palava👬

Broken Chords🎸

Be Relentless...

On Love and Bliss🗣