Perfect Submission

Wives submit to your husbands blah blah blah... I presume y'all know I'm not married yet, so I reserve no right in my tribe (Yoruba) to talk about how a male should kiss his girlfriend slowly (forgive me, I said it already), talkless of issues pertaining to marriage, odikwa complicated. This isn't about that, just stay glued...

If you play the game of chess, you'll know that once the King is captured, the pawns and every other characters surrender. In any war, if you read about Napoleon Bonaparte, Alexander the great, Hannibal of Carthage and some of the world's greatest Generals; once they are captured the war is finished as in the case of the Philistines and Israelites when David defeated Goliath.

What if our creator decides to take something away from you? Can you protest? Fight back? Repel His decision? Say NO? It's a case of PERFECT SUBMISSION.

There are people who God decided to take away their husbands (widows) for reasons best known to him (lets just say he loves them more). Some of them are traders in our various markets trying to make ends meet.  The issue is this, I went to the market recently in this corner of the universe that I am currently. Please don't ask me what I went there to do, no, it's to dance na, typical Nigerian  . I saw a guy pricing vegetable from a woman, then the conversation goes thus:

Naira = (#)
Woman = (W)
Guy = (G)

W: customer abeg come buy ugwu na.
G: madam how much u dey sell am?
W: na #100
G: e too cost na
W: ok, take am for #80
G: na #50 if u wan sell am talk
W: my brother, me sef na #50 I buy am cos farm people no gree release their land to us again, so na buy me sef buy am.
G: D thing no even big sef

...........the woman, obviously frustrated because she might have sold nothing.

W: my brother abeg add something
G: make I dey go?
W: ok, come make I sell am, but na the amount wey me sef buy am be that.

.......woman chops the vegetable

G: madam add another one make e b #100
W: u go add something to the other one bcos I no fit sell am like that again

........ Guy collects the #50 vegetable the woman has chopped, paid and left.

That was it, he didn't buy the other one because the woman refused to sell it without him adding #20. This same guy would be the one who goes to Shoprite, The Palms, Ebeano, Addide and any other shopping mall to purchase goods at a fixed price of #1980, pays #2000 and the cashier tells him there is no change, he doesn't want the cashier to feel he doesn't have "class", he will gently walk away. Abeg, where is the #20 going to?

This same guy would be the one to pay an outrageous amount of money for goods at a mall because his girlfriend his standing by him. Anyways, this isn't about just the male gender, it's an androgynous thing. Before you put on your haggling wig like an entrepreneur trying to impress a group of investors with his/her pitch, please remember these people didn't steal to make ends meet, they are honourable despite their challenge.

It's not their fault that their husbands left them traveling life alone; even if you can't help them in any other way, please use your church/mosque mind before haggling like when an atomic bomb   was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki that year. I am not saying you should pay an extravagant amount of money for goods that aren't worth it, just don't haggle because you can. The silence in their minds can ring out like a bell if you listen closely, please don't let it explode, they are already in PERFECT SUBMISSION to their CREATOR.

P.S(i): James 1vs27 (N.I.V) Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

P.S(ii): Remember what I said about a male   and female    kissing slowly in the first paragraph, yes that's true, it wouldn't last too long but make each one memorable.

✍
Ogunlana A. Owolabi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pistols at dawn🗣 (A Short Story)

Twins Palava👬

Broken Chords🎸

Be Relentless...

On Love and Bliss🗣